d-Wise Moves You Beyond the Data
The ACA promises to change the way healthcare is delivered. Additionally, individuals will become much more involved in their own healthcare. From researching the effectiveness of a Provider or a procedure, to becoming more engaged in their care, individuals will force a change in existing models of care and delivery.
Healthcare entities will adopt Big Data techniques from retail business models to meet these demands. Examples of how Big Data techniques can reduce risk or better manage finances are:
- Targeted marketing campaigns to reduce member or patient churn
- Segmentation and risk-adjustment for at-risk populations
- Developing effective analytics around episodes of care
- Predictive analytics to improve ROI of Care Management programs for those with Diabetes or Heart Disease
- Vendor control and management